Step 1: Join the Bingo game
Go to the #bingo text channel in the Attendee Benefits section of the Discord server to claim your personal Bingo card. You'll use the same Bingo card all weekend.
If you're not in the Protospiel Online Discord, you'll need to purchase and activate a badge for this quarter's event. If you've purchased a badge and it's not active, check your badge purchase confirmation email for a badge activation link.
Step 2: Get familiar with your Bingo card
Enter your first and last name in the field and hit "Generate Card." This allows us to verify that each player is actively using only one card.
Read the instruction quick reference and click "OK." After closing it, you can get the instruction quick reference back any time by clicking the menu in the bottom right and choosing "Info."
Step 3: Save the card you'll play with all weekend
Optionally, review the squares on your card to make sure there aren't any themes, mechanics, or game formats you know you don't want to playtest.
If you have a square you'd rather get rid of, you can click the menu in the bottom right and choose "New" to get a completely new card. You'll have to re-enter your name to attach yourself to the new card.
When you're happy with your card, you have 2 options for saving it:
- With Printer: Print the page by clicking the menu in the bottom right and choosing "Print."
- Without Printer: Bookmark the page, email the link to yourself, or otherwise save the URL for your unique Bingo card. You can use the card on both desktop and mobile browsers.
Step 4: Mark one square for each playtest
Only mark squares for prototypes you playtest for other designers. You can't mark a square for your own prototypes. Again, you have 2 options:
- With Printer: Write the designer and game name in the matching Bingo square.
- Without Printer: Click a square to mark it, and click it again to clear it.
Before marking a square, talk to the designer to make sure they agree that the square you're marking matches their game. You can refer to our list of square definitions if either of you are confused about what any of the terms mean.
Step 5: Submit your Bingo card for a prize pack
Once you're done playtesting for the weekend, save your completed Bingo card. You again have 2 options:
- With Printer: Either scan or photograph your printed and handwritten Bingo sheet.
- Without Printer: Click the menu in the bottom right and choose "Print." Choose Save as PDF as the destination and name the file "[your name] bingo [month year].pdf"
You can choose any/all prizes you'd like to claim from our sponsors. By claiming prizes, you give us permission to share your email with our sponsors for prize fulfillment.