Some of the links below are affiliate links, which means that if you choose to make a purchase, Protospiel Online will earn a referral commission at no additional cost to you.
We love it when our community members get creative and find new ways to serve the tabletop industry. That’s why we’ve decided to partner with Protospiel Online Alum and Moderator, Joe Slack, to get the word out about his upcoming Board Game Design Virtual Summit.
What is the Board Game Design Virtual Summit?
The Summit is a week-long online event where Joe will host interviews with some of our industry’s top experts such as Jamey Stegmaier, Sen-Foong Lim, Elizabeth Hargrave, and many more. It runs Monday, Sept 14 at 10am EDT through Sunday, Sept 20 at midnight EDT.
When you sign up, you can choose between 4 Pass levels: All Access, Platinum, Ultimate, and Free. 60% off early bird pricing is available through the start of the Summit on Sept 14 at 10am EDT.
All pass levels will have access to the main content for the Summit: 3 new pre-recorded interviews per day released each day at 10am EDT.
Once each interview is released, it will be available on-demand until the Summit wraps up on Sept 20. The average interview length is 30 minutes.
On the final day, instead of releasing new interviews, Joe will host a live Q&A at 1pm EDT with a selection of the interviewees.
Free Pass holders will lose access to the content at the end of the Summit on Sept 20 at midnight EDT. All other Pass holders will have lifetime access to this content.
Platinum and Ultimate Pass holders will also receive 9 bonus interviews after the Summit with a selection of the interviewees.
Ultimate Pass holders will get lifetime access to Joe’s Board Game Design Course and a 6 month membership in his community with 2 live group calls per month.
Who’s presenting at the Summit?
One of our key values at Protospiel Online is working towards more diversity and representation in the tabletop industry. Joe’s list of presenters is an awesome example of how to do this well.
Here’s the full list of topics and presenters included in the Free Pass:
- Peter C. Hayward – Why Playtesting is So Crucial
- Daryl Andrews – How to Design an IP Game
- Eric Slauson – Making Party Games That Get Published
- Gabe Barrett – Building an Amazing Community
- Brandon Rollins – Growing Your Following From Zero to Over 2,000
- Nalin Chuapetcharasopon – How to Market Your Board Game and Get Results
- Victoria Cana – Using Conventions to Help You Find Success on Kickstarter
- Jay Cormier – Transitioning From Designing to Publishing
- Jamey Stegmaier – How to Run a Successful Publishing Business
- Elizabeth Hargrave – How to Develop a Great Relationship With a Publisher
- Curt Covert – Understanding What Publishers Really Want
- Jeff Fraser – How to Create a Rule Book that Players Will Actually Understand
- Brittany & Mark Maia – Partnering with Influencers
- Tristam Rossin – Working With Artists and Graphic Designers
- Sarah Graybill & Kerry Rundle – Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Manufacturing But Were Too Afraid to Ask
- Kathleen Mercury – Combining Teaching and Board Games
- AJ Brandon – What Customers Are Looking For: A Retailer’s Perspective
- Sen-Foong Lim – Understanding Game Contracts